If you have any concerns regarding your child in relation to Special Educational Needs, please do not hesitate to speak to either your child’s class teacher or the school’s Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo). You may also find the Gloucestershire County Council’s SEND page useful for further information about the Gloucestershire SEND graduated pathway (including applying for an EHC plan), transport assistance and links to specialist services, including the SENDIASS Information, Advice and Support service, at:
Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENDCo) is: Mrs Jasmin Marangon
Contact by phone on: 01594 562407
Contact by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Children’s Act 2014
The Legislation and Code of Practice together seek a wholesale cultural change towards a person-centred, outcome-focused and future focused planning for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
Some specific changes are:
- The Code of Practice 2014 covers the 0-25 years age range.
- There is a clearer focus on the views of children and young people and their role in decision making
- It includes guidance on the joint planning and commissioning of services to ensure close co-operation between education, health services and social care.
- School Action and School Action + will be replaced with one new category called ‘SEN Support’ across all phases of education.
- For children and young people with more complex needs a co-ordinated assessment process and the new 0-25 Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC plan) replace statements and Learning Difficulty Assessments (LDAs).