Mental Health and Wellbeing
'It's ok not to be ok!'
At Parkend Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
As a Trailblazer (Young Minds Matter) school we are able to support and offer further advice, as well as make referrals to professionals when needed.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
- Support through our vision and values
tic+ is a counselling service for young people in Gloucestershire. You can call them for confidential advice or use their website for a live chat. All the counsellors are trained and are there to listen to any worries or anxieties that you may have.
The Charlie Waller Trust is a charity that can support in different ways and offers advice for Mental Health needs.